HEMI company profile
Vision | HEMI
Transforms the space into an experience, through its interior design.
Believes in a sustainable relationship with its partners, employees and environment.
Masters the entire chain of creation, interior design and maintenance.
Mission | HEMI
Operates at the top of serial and modular interior design of retail, healthcare and leisure.
Develops and delivers, for its partners, the requested quality at the lowest possible price.
Is developing into a European player to be reckoned with.
Risks | The most important financial risks HEMI is subjected to are credit risks, interest risks and currency risks (USD). Throughout the fiscal year we make limited use of financial derivatives to control the financial risks involved with our company activities. Currency risks will be (partially) covered in the future by growing volumes. Our liquid assets are stored in banks with an A or AA Credit Rating. Furthermore, the market risk applies. HEMI is dependent on developments in its customers’ markets (retail, leisure, healthcare). These developments have an influence on our customers’ willingness and ability to invest.
Cyber security | The safety of our data and the continuity of our IT systems is of the utmost importance to HEMI. They are of vital importance to the organization. We constantly monitor present threats and mitigate the risks coming from those threats, together with our external partner. Keeping our employees up-to-date plays an important part, so they remain alert at all times.
Research & development | We actively offer our employees the opportunity to take courses in their line of work or work-related interests. They are also stimulated to keep their knowledge on materials and techniques as up-to-date as possible to provide our customers with the best possible products and service. Employees go through an extensive internal education program when they start to work at HEMI, in order to get acquainted with every discipline within our organization. In 2020 the Innovation department has started to work even more closely with Account Management and Design & Creation, in order to be able to meet the needs of the customer as fast as possible in the everchanging world of interior design.
Not only production-, but other (internal) processes are also constantly examined to see if a better solution can possibly be reached. We do this by using the LEAN philosophy.
Corporate social responsibility |Corporate social responsibility is an important theme for HEMI. The responsible use of resources, energy and people is of vital interest to our society. Sustainability, environmental care and social entrepreneurship are expressed by the following:
- HEMI has a partnership with Sjaloom Zorg, a local care facility. Our catering is partly done through social work.
- In our company we offer jobs for various people with distance to the labor market (both young and old).
- We use certified FSC wood and ECO boards for a major part of our products.
- When it comes to environmental care and energy renewal HEMI has a closed wood burning oven. Wood remains are burned and the warmth that is released is used to heat our building.
- In 2020 we acquired 4000 solar panels to produce sustainable energy, largely causing HEMI to self-sufficiently provide its own energy.
- Our building is equipped with motion sensors for the totality of its lighting, which consists of energy efficient LED lights and has climate control units equipped with heat recovery.
- Steel, glass and paper/cardboard is collected separately and processed by specialized companies, for recycling purposes.
Corporate social responsibility also plays an important role in the choice of partners we work with:
- Our banks actively work with policies towards sustainability.
- Our telecom provider supports the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals with four different programs.
- Our pension insurance company A.S.R. wants to play a prominent role when it comes to corporate social responsibility in its own field and has sustainability as one of its core values.